Renault is considering building a mass-market electric vehicle in India, two people with knowledge of the ongoing review told Reuters, as part of a renewed push into a market where EV adoption is expected to grow quickly from a small base. The study by Renault underscores how the French automaker is pushing ahead with electrification plans even as it extends unresolved negotiations with its partner Nissan Motor about investing in an EV unit it plans to carve out from its other operations. It also points to the shifting perception of the auto market in India, which posted the fastest growth of any major market in 2022.
Battery (76) BYD (298) Car Buying (80) charging (183) Charging infrastructure (120) Charging Stations (120) China (1539) Coupe (82) Crossover (265) Deliveries (125) Design Efficiency (90) Earnings/Financials (77) Electric (8591) Electric cars (914) eMobility (7765) eV (7707) EV Data (91) Ford (112) Future Vehicles (183) Government/Legal (232) Green (967) Hatchback (77) Hybrid (141) Industry (69) Industry News (119) Li Auto (97) Luxury (227) Monthly Data (93) Nio (374) Off-Road Vehicles (92) Performance (206) Plants/Manufacturing (142) Report (242) RVs (106) RVs/Campers (111) Safety (96) Sedan (151) SUV (292) Technology (167) Tesla (304) Toyota (74) Truck (130) Video (69) Volkswagen (87) XPeng (120)
- Chery iCar 03 electric SUV spied during road tests without camouflage. Is it an off-roader?
- New 3-Row VW ID.Buzz Reveal Incoming! What Should We Expect on June 2nd?
- NOAA: How Greenhouse Gas Pollution Amplified Global Warming in 2022
- Tesla’s 3 Master Plans — What It Has Achieved & What It Hasn’t
- Non-Tesla Supercharging Is Coming To Canada This Year